The links in this post contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link.
For the past couple of days, I downloaded the Android game Crowd City by Voodoo onto my Pixel 2. I was instantly hooked by the fast rendering graphics paired with a smooth UI. Just watching your crowd grow as you lead your pack through the city is mesmerizing. The learning curve for Crowd City is very low (easy to learn), as all you do is direct your crowd via directional directions. Your leader automatically runs forward! And the best part is when your crowd dominates the city and nothing can stop in your path.
Despite the look, note that Crowd City is NOT a MMO (massively multiplayer online) game. Instead, I'm fairly certain the version of Crowd City I've played isn't with real people. I don't fault Voodoo, as nowhere in the game description does it say it's PvP type game, but it doesn't say bots either. And the best part is despite knowing my opponents are bots does not change the addictive nature of the game.
If you want to try playing Crowd City without downloading it to your Android (4.5 out of 5 from > 180,000 reviews) or iPhone (4.7 out of 5 from >400,000 reviews), you can try the game from a computer browser at https://crowdcity.io.
Tips and Strategies for Crowd City
The more time you dedicate to playing Crowd City, the more tips and strategies you will accumulate. From early game to late game strategies. Here are all the tips I have gathered over my couple of days playing (that's all you really need to master the game). Aside from staying away from larger crowds:
- In the early game (first 30 seconds), find areas in the city where neutral people spawn. It's the same every game
- To dominate, avoid the edges of the map. Each round is only 2 minutes (120 seconds). Unless you're trying to capture another crowd, don't waste time on the outskirts of the city.
- Take the shortest route with your leader, cut the corners when turning to catch up.
- When chasing an opponent crowd, stay on him. You can eventually overcome his entire crowd.
- Level up! You'll start with a larger crowd, which makes targeting neutral people easier!
Crowd City Improvement Ideas
- Allow true multiplayer with real people online, instead of the bots
- Allow a Last Crowd Standing
- Allow an options for longer than 2 minutes
- Less videos advertisements (is it really necessary to watch an Ad every 2 minutes?)
- More than the one city... new cities (maps)